Interesting stuff

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Best Crunch Exercise

Crunches on the fitball is now one of my favorite ab exercises. My instructor, Jeff has been training me on this movement one week ago and I start seeing my lower abs toning up. This exercise really helps define abs more than most of the other exercises. Position yourself with back on the ball making sure that it is adequately inflated. Be sure your low back is well supported. Position your hands behing your head and slowly roll your back down over the ball then begin to lift up feeling a strong abdominal contraction by lifting your lower abs simultaneously and repeat the movement 12 times. To increase difficulty, you can complete one crunch by counting 3 or 4 counts before lowering yourself. Perform three sets of eight to 12 repetitions. Be sure to relax your neck and your arms are always parallel to your ears.

No comments: